RDA-athon: Linking Canada's Authors
Canada's first RDA-athon had cataloguers linking the works of several of Canada’s creative literary artists using RIMMF to build the connections in a hands-on and collaborative learning session. Authors highlighted were: Lee Maracle, Thomson Highway, Lawrence Hill, Dionne Brand, Félix LeClerc, Gabrielle Roy, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and Stephen Leacock!.
The event was sponsored by Library and Archives Canada and Carleton University, and took place on January 27, 2017 at Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada from 9:00 – 16:30.
The aim was to build on the RDA-athon base r-ball. Combined data that was produced during the RDA-athon will be made available as an augmented r-ball.
To keep things simple for the limited time available, the focus for this session will be resources by and about the authors listed above, containing:
- single and augmented works
- in single or multiple expressions
- in unmediated volumes
- in audio discs, cassettes, or online
- in computer discs, or online resources
- 5 January, 2017: RIMMF training webinar for Coaches and Team Leaders
- 12 January, 2017: RIMMF training webinar for registrants
Announcements, blogs, etc.
- Open Shelf, the magazine of the Ontario Library Association: RIMMFing: RDA cataloguing sans MARC (Martha Attridge Bufton)
- Announcement (Pre-MLA Events): Metadata Hackathon January 27