The first Lang-athon took place on 23 June 2016 at Rosen College of Hospitality Management – Disney Dining Room, Orlando, Florida, USA.
The aim was to investigate basic multi-lingual aspects of RDA and RIMMF, including:
- Translations of RDA elements and controlled terms.
- Parallel language data.
- Language preferred by the agency.
The Lang-athon base r-ball was used to illustrate the issues. Participants added to the r-ball to demonstrate potential solutions.
The event is hosted by TBLC (Tampa Bay Library Consortium).
Some of the following topics will be the focus of one or more collaborative teams/tables during the RIMMFing session on the day. Each team will contain 4-6 members and have an expert leader, and/or access to a roving expert coach. RIMMF will be used to illustrate the issues discussed. Teams and individuals may focus on specific examples within the topics.
- Authorized Access Point Qualifiers
- Variant Access Points for Works and Expressions
- Parallel Manifestation statements
- Parallel Expressions
- Translation of a new edition or new edition of a translation
- Recording multilingual data
For more information about the topics and examples in the base r-ball, see Lang-athon Discussion Topics